Translate

Sunday, August 24, 2014

8/11- arrival!!

Today I got to Brazil! I was very lucky that Alejandro was on the same flight as me. Because he speaks Spanish, he was very helpful when translating the directions of the flight attendants who helped us get to our gate. I realized soon after I arrived that hardly anyone spoke English!! Usually a lot of people speak English as their second language, but not here! We got to the hotel with Rodrigo and I took the longest nap and shower. When we met up with everyone in the class, we decided to explore Florianopolis' night life. I had a caprina which is a tequila drink with sugar, and it tasted good for being 40% alcohol but that was all I had because it was so strong!
  Once we went out to drinks, we decided to explore the beach. There were a lot of signs warning against swimming because the water was so polluted. The sewage is in the water, so that's why it was toxic. The other side of the island had clean water but we decided not to walk that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment