Translate

Sunday, August 24, 2014

8/16

8/16/14

Today was white water rafting and spa day! I was really sick when I woke up but decided to power through the white water rafting. It was a terrible decision, I was cold the whole time even with a wet suit and wasn't able to enjoy the rapids as much as I wish I would have. The scenery was beautiful as fog hovered over the mountains. I hoped to see a monkey, but I did not. I did, however, see a ton of mosquitoes. They were so brutal, they drew blood upon biting us! They itch for weeks, and are completely different from North America mosquitoes. Feeling sick and getting bit by mosquitoes was definitely not my idea of fun, and although I'm glad I went rafting, I would never raft again in the winter.


After white water rafting, we went to a spa! It was so nice to warm up after shivering all day! There was a dry and wet sauna. The dry sauna had hot stones that released heat from an oven with eucalyptus while the wet sauna had wet warm air rise from a heater. I liked the dry sauna better! It made my throat feel a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment